KABUL: After recent telephonic contacts between President Hamid Karzai and Pakistan Prime Minister and visiting of a Pakistan delegation from Kabul, President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Hamid Karzai has clarified in a letter Afghanistan’s conditions and suggestions to Pakistan related to Afghanistan and Pakistan joint counter terrorism efforts.
President Hamid Karzai has written in the letter on recent military operations launched by Pakistan in Northern Waziristan and Afghanistan help asked in this regard said, “Based on Afghanistan continued stance, I’m supporting it when civilians sustained no injuries.”
For successful counter terrorism, President Hamid Karzai has clarified Afghanistan’s conditions and suggestions as follows:
1. All terrorists should be targeted without any discrimination.
2. Civilian casualties should be prevented.
3. Counter terrorism will get succeeded when peace is maintained in Afghanistan. Therefore, Pakistan should soon release all those Taliban preferring to work for peace and honestly start efforts for peace process in Afghanistan in order that peace talks begin.
4. All terrorists’ sanctuaries and centers wherever they are should be destroyed.
5. Pakistan rocket attacks on Afghanistan should be stopped.
6. For our joint counter terrorism efforts, efforts of big and effective regional countries as China and India should be organized as these countries are suffering the terrorism as well.
7. A route map should be sketched for specifying process related to better counter terrorism, bringing better coordination amongst us and organizing contacts.
As a first step towards joint terrorism, Afghanistan national security advisor Dr. Rangin Dadfer Spanta leading a high-ranking delegation has left for Pakistan. During the visit, the delegation has offered the letter to Pakistan side and discussed with Pakistani officials related to implementation of Afghanistan conditions and upcoming steps mentioned in the letter.
The Kabul Times