KABUL: I was informed with deep sorrow that the country’s honest servant and one of the famous leaders of Jihad and resistance of Afghanistan people Marshal Mohammad Qasim Fahim, the first vice president of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan passed away Sunday morning.
National mourning is declared for three days starting from Monday to Wednesday on this occasion. The flag of the Islamic republic of Afghanistan should remain half-mast for the three days inside and outside in diplomatic representatives of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. For holding funeral, burying and prayer ceremonies of deceased Marshal Mohamamd Qasim Fahim, I am approving a high government commission under the chairmanship of Minister of Interior Mohammad Omar Daudzai and with the combination of the following members:
1. Afghanistan armed forces chief of staff General Shir Mohammad Karimi as deputy of the commission.
2. Minister of Information and Culture Dr. Sayed Makhdoom Raheen as member.
3. General Director of administrative affairs and secretariat of ministerial council Sadiq Mudabir as member.
4. Acting chief of NDS Lt. General Rahmatullah Nabil as member.
5. Acting head of first vice president office M. Yousif Etebar as member.
The commission is tasked to take and implement overall steps for holding particular government ceremonies related to funeral, burying and praying ceremony in capital and provinces of the country.
The Kabul Times